1. The diameter of circle A is the radius of circle B. What is the ratio of the area of circle B to the area of circle A? Your answer should be a simplified fraction.
2. Rachel rolls 2 standard six-sided dice and records the sum of the 2 numbers showing. Then she rolls the dice again and records the second sum. How many times must she keep rolling the dice to ensure that she will repeat at least one sum from a previous roll?
3. Violet has a bag that contains 120 pieces of candy. Violet shares her candy by giving Ardea 3/4 of 2/3 of her candy. Ardea shares her candy with Lewis by giving Lewis 3/4 of 2/3 of her candy. If 2/3 of Lewis's
candies are red, how many of his pieces are red?
4. The planet Thor is inhabited by a race of highly intelligent one-toed quadrupeds with elephant-like trunks. So, with four toes and a trunk, they have adopted the five base for their number system. With that in mind, convert the Pento number 1234 into its decimal equivalent.
5. Omar, Grant, and Julian agreed to weed Ruffing's garden. Omar, with all his swag, will weed 1/5 more than Grant, and 1/3 more than Julian? What fraction of the garden will Grant weed?
6. Find two numbers so that the square of the first plus the second, added to the square of the second plus the first equals 238.