1. If 2 blips = 9 cogs, and 1/2 blip = 2 cogs + 1 fave, how many cogs does 1 fave equal?
2. In a recent survey, students were asked if they preferred apples or bananas. In this survey, 30% more students preferred apples to bananas. If 117 students preferred apples, how many students took part in the survey??
4. My number is 3 fewer than the sum of A and B. A is the smallest positive multiple of 13 for which the sum of its digits is prime. B is twice the value of the Roman numeral DXLIX. What is my number?
5. In a recent taste test, 342 students were asked which cola they preferred, brand X or brand Y. If 28% more students preferred brand Y over brand X, how many of the 342 students preferred brand Y to brand X?
3.Ethan's salary increases by the same dollar amount every year. Ten years from now, Ethan will be earning $71,296. Two years ago, his salary was $34,000. What will Ethan's salary be next year?
6. In a game of chronology Abbey earns 9 points for every correct answer and loses 5 points for every incorrect answer. If her score is 68 after she has answered 20 questions, how many questions were answered correctly?