1. Isabelle is 17 years older than Mac. If her age is written after his, the result is a 4-digit perfect square. The same statement will also be true 13 years from now. Find Mac's present age.
4. Julian read about a famous mathematician who was n years old in the year n^2. If the mathematician lived and died in the nineteenth century, in what year was the famous mathematician born?
2. For a special show, Madeline charged ticket prices as follows: adults, $10; students, $3; and children under 12, 50 cents. She collected a total of $100 from a total of 100 people. How many adults, students, and children were in the audience?
5. Lewis realized that he had only 1/8 tank of gas in his car. He drove to a gas station and pumped in 15 gallons, at which point his gas gauge read 3/4 full. How many gallons of gas does his tank hold?
3. The number of bacteria in a culture dish doubles every 12 hours. A dish that contains 1 million bacteria is full after 15 days. How long will it take to fill a dish that starts with 4 million bacteria?