1. Write an expression using only four 3s and any operations to equal 14.
2. A 4-digit positive number can be expressed as a sum of its place values in the following way:
3a(1000) +a(100) +a/2(10) + 2a
What is the number?
6. When n is divided by 5, the remainder is 1. What is the remainder when 3n is divided by 5?
3. Find the smallest 3-digit number for which the sum of the digits is equal to 17.
5. The product of 2 positive numbers is equal to 2 times their sum. The sum of the 2 numbers is equal to 2 times their difference. What are the 2 numbers?
4. Imagine that a "word" is any combination of English letters, regardless of whether they make sense (e.g., xlkduagd is an 8-letter word). How many 3-letter "words" are there with a vowel (a, e, i, o, u) in the middles and no letters repeated?