1. The units digit of a two-digit number is 1 more than 3 times the tens digit. If the digits are reversed, the new number is 9 less than 3 times the original number. Find the new number.
2. The tens digit of a two digit number is 3 less than 4 times the units digit. If the digits are reversed, the new number is 8 more than one third of the original number. Find the original two digit number.
3. The bending of a beam varies directly as its mass. A beam is bent 30 mm by a mass of 50 kg. How much will the beam bend with a mass of 200 kg.
4. The distance that a free-falling body falls varies directly as the square of the time it falls. A stone falls 48 ft in 6 s. How far will it fall in 3 s?
5. There are 5 less dimes than nickels. The total value is $4.00. How many coins are there of each type?
6. Mary has $3.20. She has 2 more dimes than half-dollars. How many coins are there of each type?